lacquer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a black resinous substance obtained from certain trees and used as a natural varnish
- n a hard glossy coating
- v coat with lacquer
A lacquered box from China
- That is the kind of place Japan is: it doesn't make pearls out of the irritating foreigners who intrude, but it tries to wrap them in lacquer so they won't cause too much disruption.
- Made in Vietnam from 100% organically grown bamboo (deemed green because it grows so fast), the bowls are coated in a natural lacquer and painted in six bright colors.
- With its slick, black-lacquer design, bright 4.
News & Articles
- Design on a Budget: It's Not Impossible
Wendy Bircher of Yankee Barn Homes updated cabinets by swapping out the hardware with fixtures from Restoration Hardware and applying a steel gray-colored lacquer paint for a more contemporary look. Photo Credited to Yankee Barn Homes – www.yankeebarnhomes.com.
June 11, 2013 - Kitchen and Bath Business
- Lemon Sorbet
Let a pop of sunshine yellow work its energizing magic this spring. 1. Mellow Yellow Dress up your nails with pastel hues or poppy brights. Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Fierce n’ Tangy, $4, at drugstores and mass- retailers nationwide. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Jasper, $17, at Hudson’s Bay and Holt Renfrew. Ceramic Glaze. Long Lasting Shine Nail Lacquer in Pineapple Breeze ...
June 7, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Gelish and Morgan Taylor Select RED PR as Agency of Record
RED PR selected as the agency of record by Gelish Soak-Off Gel Polish and Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer (PRWeb June 07, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10805422.htm
June 7, 2013 - PRWeb
- Dale Steyn in Cricket365 News
Steyn is relishing the opportunity to play in England, in part due to the use of Duke cricket balls, "Obviously the pitches are important over there, but the Duke ball has a prouder seam and once you get the lacquer off, you can really get it...
- Jane Fonda in CBS News
She had been institutionalized and the last time she came home with the nurse, the nurse was there to keep her from doing this,says Fonda. "But she got away from her nurse and went up and got a little lacquer box that had a razor in it,...
- Bae Yong-joon in ì•„ì‹œì•„ê²½ì œ
To which Bae replied, "I thought how dare I put on gloves when he doesn't wear them. And even if I caught lacquer poison, I thought that would be a learning experience too."