lacrosse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game invented by American Indians; now played by two teams who use long-handled rackets to catch and carry and throw the ball toward the opponents' goal
- A Harlem school takes Barack Obama's victory as a sign that anything is possible, and gets to work on its lacrosse game.
- By way of celebrating King George III's 25th birthday, the Chippewas and Sacs in 1763 got together for some in tertribal bagataway lacrosse, in pale face language outside.
- Losing a lacrosse program for a few years seems like nothing compared to what this scandal could do to this university and community.
News & Articles
- Lacrosse, soccer lift UNC women to Capital One Cup award
Women’s soccer and women’s lacrosse were the headliners. But by no means were those two programs the only reason North Carolina’s women’s athletics program won the Capital One Cup on Thursday.
June 14, 2013 - The News & Observer
- GIRLS LACROSSE PLAYOFFS: Notre Dame faces a battle-tested opponent
Notre Dame Academy takes on Western Sectional champ Longmeadow for the the Division 1 state girls lacrosse championship at General Foley Stadium in Worcester at 5 p.m. Friday. The Cougars (23-2) went into the South Sectional as the No. 2 seed and upended Westwood to take the title. The Cougars defeated North champ Westford Academy, 12-9, in the state semis. Longmeadow ended its regular season 18 ...
June 14, 2013 - The Hingham Journal
- State lacrosse title on the line today for Notre Dame Academy
Notre Dame Academy takes on Western Sectional champ Longmeadow for the the Division 1 state girls lacrosse championship at General Foley Stadium in Worcester at 5 p.m. Friday. The Cougars (23-2) went into the South Sectional as the No. 2 seed and upended Westwood to take the title.
June 14, 2013 - The Patriot Ledger
- Mike Nifong in Los Angeles Times
But in the Duke case, Nifong said he would not allow "Durham's view in the minds of the world to be a bunch of lacrosse players at Duke raping a black girl from Durham."
- John Doolittle in Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
If there is anything we should have learned from the Duke (University) lacrosse case, it is that the destruction of the reputations of innocent people can occur when the government, the press and the public jump to unfounded conclusions,...
- Walters in MPNnow.com
If you were a lacrosse player in Rochester, you know there'sa team here,said Walters. "It's as simple as go to a Web site, check out the schedule and come to a game. If people didn't do that, I kind of feel bad for them but then I don't....