- n the period following birth during which milk is secreted
lactation normally continues until weaning
- n the production and secretion of milk by the mammary glands
- n feeding an infant by giving suck at the breast
- Not surprisingly, health-care companies have been the early adopters of work-force lactation programs.
- The implants, on the other hand, can interfere with lactation, and they make mammograms less able to find cancer (not to mention the potential for a disfiguring or life-threatening .
- It seems that women who used drugs to suppress lactation got the very same benefit.
News & Articles
- Mayim Bialik Doesn’t Want to Fight With You
These days, Mayim Bialik is just as associated with her parenting as she is with her acting. The 37-year-old star of “The Big Bang Theory” is a licensed lactation education counselor, writes a column on the Jewish parenting blog Kveller, … Continue reading ?
June 22, 2013 - omg! Celeb News via omg!
- Kathleen Scott in E-consultancy (press release)
Kathleen Bruce, Lactnet co-founder, stated: "Breastfeeding is a woman's right all over the world. Lactnet makes the world a little smaller, in that a lactation consultant in rural England can now communicate with a lactation consultant in Zimbabwe,...
- Schramm in Medill Reports: Chicago
A glass of wine consumed slowly with a meal is very unlikely to harm a baby during lactation or pregnancy. Having said that, nature makes very few mistakes. A mother may lose her taste for caffeine and alcohol when pregnant. When in doubt, leave it... William Sears http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Sears_(physician)&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHcow4PdkIM94N3FhR_0zjdV63Ifw WDIV http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.clickondetroit.com/health/9546075/detail.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGNNhs_FkDIWMvV_b2sQz9ERSuEtA Jul 20, 2006
56606 74843 lactation It was a big dissatisifer for the patient and lactation consultant," Schramm said. "I see this as being something given to patients as opposed to taken away."