- n English poet and courtier (1609-1642)
- n an infant considered in relation to its nurse
- n a young mammal that has not been weaned
- n feeding an infant by giving suck at the breast
- v suck milk from the mother's breasts
the infant was suckling happily
- v give suck to
- When he was not bringing wisdom out of the mouths of baby tumblebugs and suckling pigs, he was engaged in mild satires on religion (The Bishop's Wife, There Is Another Heaven).
- This final feast, to be eaten by hand like at a Roman or Greek banquet, would comprise the finest foods from around the world, including caviar, spit-roasted suckling pigs, black .
- Mothers have done it since the hunter-gatherer era--picking berries while suckling an infant, stirring the pot with one eye on the toddler.
News & Articles
- EN Japanese Brasserie’s New Vegan Menu; Suckling Pig Night at Hill & Dale
• EN Japanese Brasserie has just added a new vegan menu ("Nohara") to its dinner service. Seven courses cost $65, with an optional $35 sake pairing, and the dishes include a truffle-yuba-tofu salad and cold udon noodles. [Grub Street] • Newly opened Hill & Dale will be hosting a Suckling Pig Night for a select number of guests on Sunday, June 23, starting at 5 p.m. and lasting until 2 a.m. [Grub ...
June 21, 2013 - New York Magazine
- At Bistro Napa, June 27 farm-to-table dinner hosted by RGJ food editor
For porchetta, the boneless Italian pork roast, Reno's Butcher Boy Specialy Meats provided juicy suckling pig. / Richard Stokes/RGJ Sand Hill Farmstead Cheese of Fallon, Northern Nevada's only artisan cheese maker, supplied queso fresco and cream cheese for a beet tartare, Rangoon won ton and fennel salad trio.
June 19, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Danish mothers hold public breastfeeding protest
Hundreds of Danish mothers have held a breastfeeding protest outside Copenhagen's City Hall after customers at a cafe told a woman suckling her baby in public that it was disgusting. Monday's protest was ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Prince Henrik of Denmark in Independent Online
Prince Henrik of Denmark told Ud & Se magazine: "Dog meat tastes like rabbit. Like dried baby goat. Or perhaps - I know! - like veal. Like the veal of a baby suckling calf, only drier."
- Zoe Ball in Independent
Ball said: "We had our first hog roast for Norman's birthday a few years ago; we all dressed up as cowboys and did a bit of line dancing before 70 of us demolished the pig. And my mum had a tiny little suckling pig for her 60th birthday party a...
- Charlie Brooker in The Australian
They really are dark,Brooker wrote on his third, agitated return to the colour of de Botton's lips, "like he's been suckling cranberry juice from a teat."