lactose : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule; occurs only in milk
cow's milk contains about 4.7% lactose
- Some were filled with inert lactose or powdered chalk.
- Most adults in the world can't produce the enzyme lactase, and that leaves them unable to digest the milk sugar lactose (a condition you've no doubt heard of: lactose intolerance).
- Why can virtually all infants and many adults digest lactose, while other adults cannot? One theory is that the ability to produce lactase, and thus to digest lactose, is the .
News & Articles
- Expanding Application Areas Spur Demand for Lactose, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Lactose markets. Global market for Lactose is projected to reach US$1.4 billion by 2018, driven by growing consumption in food, pharmaceutical, animal feed, and fuel ethanol industries. (PRWeb July 01, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/lactose_market/inhalation_grade_lactose/prweb10888310.htm
July 1, 2013 - PRWeb
- Cargill clarifies non-dairy cheese product
Cargill recently released an ingredient, Lygomme ACH Optimum, that offers food manufacturers a non-dairy cheese alternative for people with lactose intolerance and an opportunity for vegans to enjoy a product that has the characteristics and taste of cheese, but without any animal-derived ingredients.
July 1, 2013 - Dairy Herd
- Chef Feker prepares Goat Cheese Patties
Chef Feker joins Wake Up to prepare Goat Cheese Patties with beet sauce. This is a recipe even lactose intolerant people...
June 29, 2013 - FOX 6 Milwaukee
- Naomi Watts in Contactmusic.com
Watts says, "I have lost 75 per cent of my brain power. It halved and then halved again. It's not just the sleep deprivation, it's the breast feeding. I call it the lactose lobotomy."
- Angelica Vale in PR Newswire (press release)
Although I am lactose intolerant, milk and dairy products are an important part of my diet. I rely on LACTAID(R) Milk to ensure I drink real, delicious milk everyday and consume the nutrients necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle,said...
- Victoria Rowell in PR Newswire (press release)
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070530/NYW013 ) "Lactose intolerance is a common condition for African-Americans. I am also lactose intolerant and used to avoid dairy because I did not want the stomach discomfort that followed,"...