- v require as useful, just, or proper
success usually requires hard work
- v consider obligatory; request and expect
We require our secretary to be on time
- v make someone do something
- v have need of
- It may sound quite sensible to require Americans to show a photo ID before stepping into a voting booth.
- In the original version of this story, Joe Klein wrote that the House Democratic version of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) would require a court approval of .
- A new highway bill pending before Congress would instruct all 50 states to require all motorists convicted of driving under the influence to equip their cars with interlock systems .
News & Articles
- Novant Health to require flu vaccinations for hospital employees, volunteers, vendors
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - For the first time in Charlotte, a hospital system will require health care workers to get flu vaccinations this fall. Novant Health, the Winston-Salem-based system that owns four hospitals in Charlotte, Matthews and Huntersville, recently announced that all employees, physicians, volunteers and vendors must get vaccinated against the seasonal influenza unless they get an ...
June 17, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Some Charlotte area hospitals to require flu shots
A company that runs four hospitals in The Charlotte area says it will require health care workers to get flu shots. The Charlotte Observer reported ( http://bit.ly/14d6zQq ) that Novant Health of Winston-Salem says all employees, doctors, volunteers and vendors must get flu shots unless they get an exemption for medical or religious reasons.
June 17, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- Some Charlotte hospitals to require flu vaccinations
For the first time in Charlotte, a hospital system will require health care workers to get flu vacci
June 17, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald
- David Petraeus in The Associated Press
Protecting those we are here to help nonetheless does require killing, capturing or turning the insurgents. We will not shrink from that,Petraeus wrote Sunday in a memo to his troops.
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
All this, in turn, requires something else, which is something more fundamental,said President Obama. "It will require a new mindset - that we summon the will, as nations and as partners, to do what this moment in history demands."
- Mitch McConnell in Herald Zeitung
The measure, McConnell said, "fails to require the kind of serious reform that will ensure long-term viability for struggling automobile companies."