ask : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v inquire about
I asked about their special today
He had to ask directions several times
- v make a request or demand for something to somebody
She asked him for a loan
- v direct or put; seek an answer to
ask a question
- v consider obligatory; request and expect
Aren't we asking too much of these children?
- v address a question to and expect an answer from
The children asked me about their dead grandmother
- v require as useful, just, or proper
This job asks a lot of patience and skill
- v require or ask for as a price or condition
He is asking $200 for the table
The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage
- Readers ask questions of newsmakers and celebrities.
- Joan Derrah, a lesbian who kept her sexual orientation to herself during her Naval career, recalls how the "don't ask, don't tell" policy led to a rise in interest regarding .
- Paul Hawthorne GettyFor 50 years, on both radio and television, the suspender-clad host of CNNs Larry King Live! has been asking questions of some of the most influential .
News & Articles
- Ask Well: How Often to Exercise
A reader asks: Does it really matter if I work out three days in a row, rather than spreading my exercise through the week?
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- Three Republicans Ask Glenn Beck's Help to Stop Immigration Reform (Video)
Three House Republicans, Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN), Rep. Steve King (IA) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX), appeared on Glenn Beck's TV program tonight to ask the host and his viewers to help them stop immigration reform (video below). "We'll be spending $2.7 trillion just to supply the retirement benefits for illegal aliens," Bachmann said. "So we are bringing in a class of people who have broken ...
June 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Ask Matt: Thrones Unspoiled, Nurse Jackie, Mad Men, Orphan Black
Ask Matt: Thrones Unspoiled, Nurse Jackie, Mad Men, Orphan Black Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 7:06 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 (Although with Thrones, I read the first three books years before HBO began filming them, so I knew what was coming - and in ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them, that the stale political arguments no longer apply,Obama said. "The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it...
- Britney Spears in The Press Association
I'm dreading the moment when my sons ask me how babies are made,she said.
- John McCain in New York Times
I would ask that each one of us commit to join together to aid those in need as quickly as possible,said Mrs. McCain, whose husband visited an emergency center in Ohio earlier in the day.