desk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments
- Does a new desk really solve the problem of having no time to exercise?.
- Shortly before he died in 1824, famed poet George Gordon Byron, Lord Byron, bequeathed his desk to his valet.
- But click on the center of the desk and you get the most worrisome response from the Governor: "Oh, here are the nukular codes.
News & Articles
- Dozing at your desk can be costly, as German bank finds out
Power napping has many fans, but falling asleep at the desk could have cost one German bank millions and an employee her job.
June 11, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- DXCC Desk Okays VU7KV Operation for Credit
The ARRL DXCC desk has announced that it has approved DXCC credit for the May 2013 VU7KV operation from Lakshadweep Islands. If your contact(s) with VU7KV have been rejected for DXCC credit, you may re-submit. For more information, contact ARRL Awards Branch Manager, Bill Moore, NC1L.
June 10, 2013 - ARRL Amateur Radio News
- Rental Desk Coordinator
Consult with Drilling & Completions Engineer to determine rental requirements and timing. Discuss rental schedule and planning, with Rig Desk and Transportation Desk.
June 10, 2013 - Rigzone
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
I hope that we can continue to strengthen this plan before it gets to my desk,Obama said in a statement minutes after passage. "But what we can't do is drag our feet or allow the same partisan differences to get in our way."
- President Bush in Washington Post
This bill crosses a moral line that I and many others find troubling,Bush said in a statement issued after the vote. "If it advances all the way through Congress to my desk, I will veto it."
- Bill Keller in ABC News
Keller said, "This story was no exception. It was a long time in the works. It reached my desk late Tuesday afternoon. After a final edit and a routine check by our lawyers, we published it."