distrust : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n doubt about someone's honesty
- n the trait of not trusting others
- v regard as untrustworthy; regard with suspicion; have no faith or confidence in
- Halevy's decision caused the fall of Premier Moshe Sharett's Cabinet, and it was re-formed in bitterness and distrust.
- But the roots of distrust in the area go way, way back.
- Popular Party challenger Mariano Rajoy has attempted to tap into what he sees as an underlying distrust of those rapid changes, but even he shies away from addressing them directly .
News & Articles
- Suspicions of politics at play in Wilmington
Though Wilmington's budget war has quieted in recent weeks, it appears true peace could be a long way off after more signs of distrust between some members of city council and the mayor's administration surfaced this week.
June 22, 2013 - The News Journal
- In Northern Iraqi City, Al-Qaida Gathers Strength
Spreading shakedowns and distrust of authorities embolden al-Qaida in Iraq's restive Mosul
June 20, 2013 - ABC News
- Turkey: Lessons (Not) Learned from the Caucasus
Copyright show: No Eurasianet Commentary The situation in Turkey today could be much less polarized, without such strong anger and distrust of the police, if a key lesson learned in the South Caucasus had been applied in Taksim Square: governments should engage non-violent protestors and allow demonstrations to fizzle out gradually. read more
June 20, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Andrew Cuomo in USA Today
Covering up the details of these payments breeds further cynicism and distrust in our already shaken financial system,Cuomo said in the letter.
- Barack Obama in CNSNews.com
Bemoaning the "erosion of civility in the public square," Obama said it "sows division and distrust among our citizens; it poisons the well of public opinion; it leaves each side little room to negotiate with the other; it makes politics an...
- President Roh in FOX News
North Korea still has some skepticism about the South, and doesn't trust it enough,Roh told the luncheon. "We have to make more efforts to further tear down this wall of distrust."