telling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an act of narration
- n informing by words
- n disclosing information or giving evidence about another
- v express in words
- v let something be known
- v narrate or give a detailed account of
- v give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- v discern or comprehend
- v inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- v give evidence
he was telling on all his former colleague
- v mark as different
- s disclosing unintentionally
a telling smile
- s powerfully persuasive
a telling presentation
- s producing a strong effect
a telling gesture
- The American official in Baghdad received the email on Friday from the Office of the Secretary of Defense's Policy team, marked to "MAL POL ALL POLICY," with a note telling .
- Rather than waste ink telling you about the sites you're already familiar with, we decided to ferret out the terrific websites that aren't yet .
- The act of telling is hard enough; parents shouldn't further burden kids by asking them to fix things too.
News & Articles
- Former Teacher Found Guilty Of Telling Students To Hit Bully
A former teacher from San Antonio has been found guilty of official oppression after she told her students to hit their schoolmate for being a bully. The 44-year-old wanted to teach a 6-year-old boy how it feels to be bullied, so she directed her students to line up and start hitting him. “It started out... Read more » Former Teacher Found Guilty Of Telling Students To Hit Bully is a post from ...
June 22, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Ex-teacher guilty of telling students to hit bully
Ex-teacher guilty of telling students to hit bully SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A former San Antonio teacher accused of directing students to hit a schoolmate for being a bully has been convicted of official oppression. Prosecutor Patrick Ballantyne said in court Thursday that the incident was "so far outside the bounds of classroom discipline to where it becomes criminal." Ambrose's lawyer, James Scott ...
June 21, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Former teacher convicted after telling students to line up, hit bully, 6
Cynthia Ambrose, 44, was accused of telling her students at Salinas Elementary School to line up and hit a 6-year-old boy so he knows "how it feels to be bullied." She faces up to a year in jail after jurors convicted her Thursday, the San Antonio Express-News reported.
June 21, 2013 - The Oregonian
- President Bush in BBC News
Mr Bush said: "I don't know what their thinking was, but I'm telling you what I think it was, I think it was a provocative act."
- Joe Torre in San Francisco Chronicle
The fact that somebody is reducing your salary is just telling me they're not satisfied with what you're doing,Torre said.
- Doc Rivers in Washington Post
It's amazing that he does that to your team,Rivers said afterward. "He was making tough shots. I just tried to keep telling them, it's only two points every time he scores. It's not 10."