- s powerfully persuasive
a cogent argument
- Reporting about the copyright violation case, Fitzgerald wrote that the facts presented were neither cogent nor compelling.
- Daniel draws on 10 years of research to present a cogent and concise narrative of the rise of the new economic order.
- In the process, the eco-warriors came up with an agenda that is serious, detailed and mostly cogent.
- Samuel Alito in Bloomberg
It is the judgment of the Louisiana lawmakers and those in an increasing number of other states that these harms justify the death penalty,Alito wrote. "The court provides no cogent explanation why this legislative judgment should be...
- George Greer in USA Today
I have had no cogent reason why the (congressional) committee should intervene,Greer told attorneys in a conference call Friday, adding that last-minute action by Congress does not invalidate years of court rulings.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in New York Times
The inference of scienter must be more than merely 'reasonable' or 'permissible' - it must be cogent and compelling, thus strong in light of other explanations,Justice Ginsburg said. "A complaint will survive, we hold, only if a reasonable...