- n a state of acute pain
- n misery resulting from affliction
- n psychological suffering
- n feelings of mental or physical pain
- v undergo or be subjected to
- v undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- v experience (emotional) pain
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- v get worse
- v feel pain or be in pain
- v feel physical pain
- v feel unwell or uncomfortable
She is suffering from the hot weather
- v be given to
- v undergo or suffer
- v be set at a disadvantage
- s troubled by pain or loss
- s very unhappy; full of misery
a message of hope for suffering humanity
- At the same time, the citys system for dealing with mental health care is suffering a major breakdown of its own.
- PTI Exclusive: A source inside the compound says that Arafat is believed to be suffering from stomach cancer.
- Most police officers aren't trained to deal with people suffering from severe mental illness.
- Joe Biden in msnbc.com
This is a guy who continued to taste, smell and feel the suffering of the people of his state,Biden said. "Because of that service you have gained greatly."
- Pope Benedict XVI in The Republic
Then at World Youth Day 2008, he said, "I am deeply sorry for the pain and suffering the victims have endured. ...... These misdeeds, which constitute so grave a betrayal of trust, deserve unequivocal condemnation."
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
Guys were suffering the whole stage,Armstrong said.