- n misery resulting from affliction
- n intense mournfulness
- In his holiday greeting to his 110,000 employees, Industrialist Alfried Krupp could not resist a reference to West Germany's economic woes and a sober prophecy that 1967 "will not.
- At Hankow, seat of the most radical Chinese faction, the editor of the People's Tribune wrote, last week: "There are whispers of woe and impending disaster in the air.
News & Articles
- 'Romeo And Juliet' Gets Release Date!
Never was a story of more woe told than this of Juliet and her Romeo...and it's about to get told (again) this fall. The latest big-screen take on the Shakespearean tale has been set for a September 6 release date, Variety reports. The Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth-starring film, directed by Carlo Carlei, will hit [...]
June 12, 2013 - MTV
- A lot’s at stake with Dad’s Steak
Father’s Day grilling around my house was always fraught with tension. My dad was not the genial Fred MacMurray type. He paced irritably, chain-smoking, beside the Weber grill in the backyard of our cottage in Madison, Conn., with a kitchen timer in hand. Woe be the designated griller (me) who was not standing at attention, grill tongs and platter ready for action, when that timer dinged. My ...
June 12, 2013 - The Southern Illinoisan
- Team Report - CLEVELAND INDIANS
McAllister injury is latest rotation woe
June 11, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Billy Gillispie in International Herald Tribune
Many forms of government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms... Winston Churchill http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHkelBesspleja8jMtoxdR_v_a80Q Examiner.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.examiner.com/a-404187~Aaron_Keith_Harris__Our_messy_government__Is_it_better_than_all_the_rest_.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPxnTCeiHyplOBiwnBzJx3Qt-nRQ Nov 16, 2006
110812 145433 woe I'm not a woe-is-me kind of person," Gillispie said. "I've always said this, show up every day, try to work hard, try to do your best with the right attitude and everything works out right. I've had a great time here at Kentucky."
- Pat Robertson in WKYC-TV
Robertson added, "I would say woe to any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course."