- n an appraisal of the value of something
- n act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- n standing or position on a scale
- n rank in a military organization
- v assign a rank or rating to
- v be worthy of or have a certain rating
- v estimate the value of
- v desert one's party or group of friends, for example, for one's personal advantage
- v employ scabs or strike breakers in
- v take the place of work of someone on strike
- v give (hair) the appearance of being fuller by using a rat
- v catch rats, especially with dogs
- v give away information about somebody
- Party leaders started realizing they were in trouble roughly a month ago, when a Quinippiac University poll put their approval rating at what now seems like a robust 23%.
- Yesterday the SEC rolled out a bunch of new rules and proposals meant to purge conflict of interest and ineptitude from the credit-ratings agenciesthat group of companies whose .
- Ratings agencies helped create the subprime mess.
News & Articles
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Assigns Long-Term and Financial Strength Ratings to Caledonian Bank Limited
Kroll Bond Rating Agency has assigned a long-term rating of BBB- to the senior deposits of Caledonian Bank Limited , a commercial banking subsidiary of Caledonian Global Financial Services Inc., headquartered in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Rating Action on Selective Insurance - Analyst Blog
Recently, A.M. Best Co. affirmed the issuer credit rating (ICR) of Selective Insurance Group Inc. ( SIGI ) at "bbb+" along with all the debt ratings of the company. The rating
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Its approval rating at new low, Congress plows ahead on immigration, taxes
The approval rating for Congress has never been lower, a poll shows. Might that change as the 'the broken branch' of government makes bipartisan headway on vexing issues of immigration and tax reform?
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Jeffrey Immelt in Bloomberg
It enhances our flexibility and allows us to execute on our liquidity plan,CEO Jeff Immelt said in a statement. "In addition, we remain committed to the Triple A rating and in the recent market volatility, we continue to successfully meet...
- President Bush in Guardian Unlimited
A year ago my approval rating was in the 30s, my nominee for the Supreme Court had just withdrawn, and my vice president had shot someone,President Bush said Wednesday night during the annual gathering.
- Angelina Jolie in FOXNews
The film has scenes of graphic violence, and Jolie said: "I think it's remarkable that it has the rating it has. It's quite an extraordinary film and some of it shocked me."