- n someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike
- v take the place of work of someone on strike
- While the calf still kicked in a cloud of dust, the vaqueros knelt down, swiftly branded it with the King Ranch's "running W," inoculated it against disease (blackleg .
- But the General Medican Council said, 'If you go to that blackleg you shall howl for it, as we will ruin any man who dares administer an anesthetic.
- Anarchist ; bankrupt ; blackleg ; black-sheep ; brainstorm ; briber ; crook ; crooked ; damaged-goods chap ; destitute ; extreme poverty.
- Gerry Ritz in Reuters Canada
We're working through the issues on a piece by piece basis,Ritz said. "We've been exporting canola in a major way for some 10 years and this is the first time this issue has popped up. Of course, we have (blackleg) quietly under control...