missing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- v feel or suffer from the lack of
- v fail to attend an event or activity
- v leave undone or leave out
- v fail to reach or get to
- v be without
There is something missing in my jewelry box!
- v fail to reach
- v be absent
The child had been missing for a week
- v fail to experience
- s not able to be found
missing in action
a missing person
- s nonexistent
- The amount of missing materiel was not huge.
- The parents of the British girl who went missing in Portugal are now under suspicion, but much about the case remains a baffling mystery.
- John Darwin, the missing kayaker who resurfaced, claiming amnesia, more than five years after apparently drowning, and his wife, Anne, are now both in custody.
- Lindsay Lohan in NECN
I did do everything that I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and show up,she said. "I wasn't missing the classes just to hang out and do anything like that. I was working mostly in Morocco -- the trip I was working...
- David Beckham in TheCelebrityCafe.com
England coach Fabio Capello has commented publicly on the loss of Beckham, saying, "David is a great professional and has worked very hard to be ready for the World Cup, so missing it will be a big blow."
- President Bush in IRINnews.org
We're prepared to help move US Navy assets to help find those who have lost their lives, to help find the missing, and to help stabilise the situation,Bush said. "Let the US come and help you help the people."