- v feel or have a desire for; want strongly
- v have need of
- v hunt or look for; want for a particular reason
- v wish or demand the presence of
- v be without, lack; be deficient in
flood victims wanting food and shelter
- s nonexistent
- s inadequate in amount or degree
tested and found wanting
- It's hard to pin down exactly why, but it has something to do with her wanting to be different and wanting to be independent.
- Who can blame them for wanting to re-create 1994? Republicans have no other strategy.
- Not wanting to appear soft on crime, President Ronald Reagan would only pardon Steinbrenner if the Yankees' owner admitted to the crime.
News & Articles
- Recall backers: Supporters of Giron paid
Gun-rights supporters wanting to recall state Sen. Angela Giron, D-Pueblo, are circulating a video this week they claim shows her supporters being paid to campaign and interfere with the recall drive.
June 15, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Patrick Schwarzenegger's Girlfriend Tootsie Burns Rubs His Abs
Who can blame Tootsie Burns for wanting to cop a feel? The college sophomore was photographed rubbing her boyfriend Patrick Schwarzenegger 's six-pack abs while aboard a yacht in Saint Tropez on Thursday, June 13. Wearing matching blue swimsuits, the couple spent the afternoon diving and jet skiing in the South of France.
June 14, 2013 - US Weekly
- Wanting things will make you happier than buying them
Wanting things will make you happier than buying them Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:40 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Your happiness could depend on whether you buy that item or fight the urge. According to a study released by the University of Missouri earlier this ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC30.com
I believe American leadership has been wanting, but is still wanted. We must use what has been called 'smart power,' the full range of tools at our disposal,said Clinton.
- Jeff Fisher in Globe and Mail
As far as LenDale falling out of favor, he practiced. He was prepared to play,Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "I can't blame him for wanting to play more. Considering the circumstances, he handled things. There were issues I don't need to...
- London Fletcher in USA Today
It's no different than his attitude and his approach to last year's defense, about wanting everything to revolve around him and him making plays,Fletcher said. "And if it didn't benefit him, he wasn't really willing to do it."