deficient : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s inadequate in amount or degree
a deficient education
deficient in common sense
- a of a quantity not able to fulfill a need or requirement
- s falling short of some prescribed norm
- Am I going to spend my time with a mental deficient? I mean, use your head.
- Before Akunyili took over her post in 2001, a staggering 80% of the medications sold there were deficient in one way or another.
- One reason for that delay in onset of cardiovascular disease could be that women are relatively iron-deficient compared to men especially younger women, those in their late .
News & Articles
- Newport’s Yaquina Bay Bridge termed ‘structurally deficient’ in ODOT report
Iconic. Venerable. Architecturally stunning. A signature bridge. Such descriptions are often used to describe the Yaquina Bay Bridge, one of the most photographed spans in the world. And as the bridge nears its 77th birthday, another term is applicable: structurally deficient.
June 14, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- Over troubled bridges
Major Missoula spans classified as structurally deficient by Jessica Mayrer On a recent sunny morning, swallows dart above the Clark Fork River alongside the rusty steel girders that crisscross the Madison Street bridge's underbelly. Looking up from beneath the span on the pedestrian walkway where two women jog, one sees that the 55-year-old Madison, with cement eroding along its edges, is ...
June 13, 2013 - Missoula Independent
- Rayconda homeowners, city at odds over who'll pay for repairs to dam
The state wants the city of Fayetteville and a homeowners group to cooperate in fixing a deficient dam.
June 13, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- John Major in National Post (registration) (blog)
Yet taken together, their performance at gathering, analysing and communicating information was "wholly deficient. The level of error, incompetence, and inattention which took place before the flight was sadly mirrored in many ways for many years,...
- Mike Tomlin in International Herald Tribune
We acknowledge some of the areas we are deficient in, we work at them, we wait for the next opportunity to prove that we are not,Tomlin said. "That's the same mentality I have regarding the run game and all of our deficiencies. I tend to...
- Patty Murray in San Jose Mercury News
Our bridges are deteriorating far faster than we can finance their replacement,said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., lead sponsor of the bridge-repair funds. "More than one in every four bridges on US highways is rated as deficient."