marked : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v attach a tag or label to
- v designate as if by a mark
- v be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense
- v mark by some ceremony or observation
- v make or leave a mark on
the scouts marked the trail
ash marked the believers' foreheads
- v to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful
- v notice or perceive
- v mark with a scar
- v make small marks into the surface of
- v establish as the highest level or best performance
- v make underscoring marks
- v remove from a list
- v put a check mark on or near or next to
- v assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation
- v insert punctuation marks into
- s strongly marked; easily noticeable
walked with a marked limp
- s singled out for notice or especially for a dire fate
a marked man
- a having or as if having an identifying mark or a mark as specified; often used in combination
played with marked cards
a scar-marked face
- To honor the death of Kurt Vonnegut, three circles marked "cruelty" "death," and "waste" intersect at Vonnegut's lifelong sweet spot: "humor and hope.
- An email to Pentagon staff marked "URGENT IT (Information Technology) BULLETIN: Taguba Report" orders employees not to read or download the Taguba report at Fox News, on the .
- January 3rd marked the start of the nearly six-month-long process of Americans decidingstate-by-statewho they want on the presidential ballot in November.
News & Articles
- City employees get L.E.A.N.
Saturday marked the end of the L.E.A.N. Challenge for hundreds of city of Savannah employees.
June 16, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- H: 83° | L: 62°
Readers Feel... Saturday marked a special occasion for the Children's Museum of Green Bay.... One former Packers' star is back in town being honored for his work on the field and off as well as his annual softball game....
June 16, 2013 - WFRV 5 Green Bay
- Five-year anniversary of Sundrop bottling plant murders marked
Thursday marked the five-year anniversary of one of the City of Concord's unsolved murders. On June 13, 2008, officers say a man entered the Sundrop bottling company on Old Salisbury-Concord Road and randomly killed two people.
June 14, 2013 - News 14 Carolina
- Mari Pangestu in Jakarta Post
An FTA is usually marked by a reduction in several key tariffs,Trade Minister Mari Elka Pangestu said in Jakarta.
- Lindsay Lohan in Us Magazine
She added on Twitter: "This was taken from an article by Erik Luna... 'November 1 marked the 15th anniversary of the US Sentencing Guidelines. But there were no celebrations, parades, or other festivities in honor of this punishment scheme created...
- Samantha Power in International Herald Tribune
With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an adviser to the Obama campaign effective today,Power said in a statement released by the campaign. "Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated...