- n a metallic tapping sound
he counted the ticks of the clock
- n any of two families of small parasitic arachnids with barbed proboscis; feed on blood of warm-blooded animals
- n a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
- n a light mattress
- v make a clicking or ticking sound
The clock ticked away
- v make a sound like a clock or a timer
the clocks were ticking
- v sew
tick a mattress
- v put a check mark on or near or next to
tick off the items
- There's a new tick-borne disease to worry about.
- People who hear a ringing, hissing or ticking in their own ears are suffering from a fairly common complaint called tinnitis (caused by inflammation of the middle ear, drugs .
- Warning the British public against producing "on tick" (credit), selling "on tick" and buying "on tick," the Parliamentary Secretary of the Overseas Trade.
News & Articles
- Durham Veterinarian Warns of Summer Flea and Tick Season for Pets
DURHAM, N.C. -- New Hope Animal Hospital in Durham, NC is reminding pet owners about the dangers of summer flea and tick season. According to veterinarian Dr. Soren Windram, pets need medicated protection ...
June 16, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Girl Dies After Tick Bite Infection
A 6-year-old North Carolina girl has died from Rocky Mountain spotted fever, a bacterial infection transmitted by ticks. Emilee Russell of Black Mountain, N.C., died Wednesday, two-and-a-half weeks after she was bitten by a tick over Memorial Day weekend, ABC affiliate WLOS reported. Her family...
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Dr. Dana Johnson: Avoiding tick bites
Dear Dr. Johnson: How can I prevent my child from getting tick bites?
June 13, 2013 - Wisconsin State Journal