- n a mark left (usually on the skin) by the healing of injured tissue
- n an indication of damage
- v mark with a scar
The skin disease scarred his face permanently
- For decades, the ugly scar across the face of Berlin offered a navigational beacon to the governments of the world.
- Stretched so that they cover as much as nine times their original area, the dressings help prevent the formation of scar tissue and hasten the growth of new skin.
- Raw earth mounds scar the landscape, grave after grave without name or number.
- Brett Favre in OnlineSportsHandicappers.com
This is to confirm that I did have a procedure to remove some scar tissue and bone spurs from my ankle which had been bothering me for a period of time,stated Favre "I appreciate your concerns."
- Jeff Bezos in Independent
In a statement posted on the website, Bezos said the remote removal was "stupid, thoughtless, and painfully out of line with our principles", adding: "We will use the scar tissue from this painful mistake to help make better decisions going...
- Bobby Murcer in Seattle Post Intelligencer
We received great news this morning,Murcer said in a release through the Yankees. "The biopsy revealed scar tissue. It showed no signs of cancer. We are very excited about this news. It's what we had hoped for all along."