- n an iconic mental representation
her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate
- n (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world
a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty
- n a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them
- n a standard or typical example
he provided America with an image of the good father
- n language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- n someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
she's the very image of her mother
- n (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined
the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers
- n the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public
although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry
the company tried to project an altruistic image
- n a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture)
the emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone
- v render visible, as by means of MRI
- v imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- Marketers clamor for her endorsements, borrowing her name and image to peddle everything from cell phones to doughnuts.
- If you're not sure whether your image is print-worthy, right-click the file and view its Properties.
- A mustachioed little clown with an undersize jacket and oversize trousers to symbolize IBM's first computer aimed at the mass market? That hardly fits IBM's stuffy old image, but.
- Barack Obama in CNN
We've seen courageous women stand up to the brutality and threats and we've experienced the searing image of a woman bleeding to death on the streets,said President Barack Obama.
- Johnny Weir in The Associated Press
The main reason for my decision is to have more time to reinvent my skating,Weir said. "I want to create a new skating image for myself so that when I return to competitive skating, I can perform in a way that is both unique and inspiring....
- Tim Finchem in 940 News
The image of having the members of one branch of government standing up, literally surrounding the Supreme Court, cheering and hollering while the court - according to the requirements of protocol - has to sit there expressionless, I think is very... John Roberts http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Roberts&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEE5KwJ6rgPHXn836PuU8r7Y46irg USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/03/justice-roberts-questions-appearance-of-justices-at-state-of-union-address/1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHLVMKzwGLYnXfiSUIsIh6W-LTZ_Q Mar 10, 2010
49612 67408 imagery Clearly, what Kelly said was inappropriate and unfortunate, and she obviously regrets her choice of words," Finchem said in a statement. "But we consider Golfweek's imagery of a swinging noose on its cover to be outrageous and irresponsible....