imago : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (psychoanalysis) an idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood
- n an adult insect produced after metamorphosis
- The egg of a butterfly grows into a larva, and the larva converts itself into a pupa all bound up in its chrysalis, and finally the bright winged imago emerges.
- When a pupa breaks the surface, the male tears open the pupa case and mates with the still-soft imago before it has fully emerged.
- Actor Boone, in trying to evoke the warrior imago, at times seems less a man than a mannerlike Paladin, the sixgun-slinger he plays on TV's Have Gun, Will Travel, he shoots .
News & Articles
- IMAGO S/S ’14 look book
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion pictures / Look books IMAGO’s spring / summer 2014 collection has been previewed and Fashionising.com has each of the key looks for you. Article continues . To read it in full visit ' IMAGO S/S ’14 look book ' at Fashionising.com » Picture gallery Tagged:
June 24, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Opening Reception: ‘Ocean-going vessels’ at Imago
In its next exhibit, “Ocean-Going Vessels,” Imago will present artists’ interpretations of ocean-going vessels and life’s journey as well as more realistic works honoring the art and science of ship building and navigation. A wide array of work will be presented ranging from traditional scale ship models to ceramic vessels, paintings, historic etchings, sailors’ valentines, [...]
June 21, 2013 - Warren Times-Gazette
- Frankie Dettori in guardian.co.uk
It's been a long time coming, but I'm a patient man,Dettori said. "The horse travelled extremely well and the race went smoothly for us, getting a good lead from Imago Mundi and Yeats. He is a very good horse and at last has got the reward...
- Martin Sorrell in Telegraph.co.uk
WPP, which is run by Sir Martin Sorrell, added that it was "extremely alarmed by the allegation last week that a firm [Imago] in which we hold a minority interest (25pc) through Y&R, and over which we have no legal control, may be advising Robert...