- n (computer science) a graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface
- n a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
- n a conventional religious painting in oil on a small wooden panel; venerated in the Eastern Church
- Marilyn has gone from actress to icon to licensed brand name; only Elvis and James Dean have rivaled her in market share.
- Shepard Fairey's posters of Barack Obama became the icon of the Presidential campaign, so PTI asked the artist to design the cover for its Person of the Year issue.
- PTI Style Design looks at the future through the eyes of the most creative icons and thinkers in their fields.
News & Articles
- Conservatives to honor evangelist Pat Robertson as a trailblazer in faith, politics
Before he was an icon of the religious right — and a lightning rod for critics — Marion Gordon Robertson, better known as "Pat," was steeped in politics. In fact, he could hardly have avoided that fate, having been a son of the late U.S. Sen. A. Willis Robertson, who ...
June 14, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Mac OS icon designer Kare: iOS 7 icons 'generally a good direction'
While much has been said on the reaction by iOS users on the new look that will be found throughout the updated iOS 7 when it is released later this year, one element that doesn't get enough attention is that the icons and designs shown at WWDC are not, according to unnamed sources familiar with the ongoing project, set in stone. However, the redesign has already won a vote of approval from ...
June 13, 2013 - MacNN
- Kerasotes ShowPlace debuts ICON-X large-format screen
Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres’ ShowPlace ICON Theatres at Roosevelt Collection in Chicago’s South Loop now houses the circuit’s first premium large-format screen, the ICON•X Dolby Atmos Enhanced Xperience.
June 12, 2013 - Film Journal
- Janet Jackson in AFP
My entire family wanted to be here tonight, but it was just too painful so they elected me to speak with all of you,Janet Jackson said. "I'd just like to say that, to you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family and he will forever...
- Pete Sampras in Bloomberg
He's a legend and now he's an icon,Sampras, who sat in the Royal Box alongside other former champions, told the British Broadcasting Corp. in a courtside interview. "He's a stud. He's only 27. If he keeps it going and stays healthy, he...
- Michael Jackson in Examiner.com
At that point, Janet stated "To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family and he will forever live in our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself thank you for your love and support. We miss him so much. Thank you so much."