- s grossly offensive to decency or morality; causing horror
horrific conditions in the mining industry
- s causing fear or dread or terror
- By the standards of any era, the crime could hardly have been more horrific or sensational--the murder of children by children--and yet, she writes, the media treated the case with .
- The key is that the 'heroes' actually retain their sentience, so they appreciate the horrific nature of their actions, they just can't calm their insatiable hunger for human flesh.
- Paul Bernardo is found guilty of a litany of horrific crimes.
- Barack Obama in Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal
...energy company which is the world's third-largest energy company and the fourth-largest company in the world -- said, "As far as I'm concerned, BP is responsible for this horrific disaster, and we will hold them fully accountable on behalf...
- Dana White in Hamilton Spectator
This decision was pretty simple for me,White said. "Vuvuzelas make the most horrific sound I've ever heard. I'd rather let Brock punch me in the face than hear 15,000 people blow on those things."
- David Petraeus in Forbes
But "the ability of al-Qaida to conduct horrific, sensational attacks obviously has represented a setback and is an area in which we're focusing considerable attention," Petraeus said.