- s experiencing or showing fear
a fearful glance
fearful of criticism
- s causing fear or dread or terror
a fearful howling
- a lacking courage; ignobly timid and faint-hearted
- s extremely distressing
fearful slum conditions
- s timid by nature or revealing timidity
cast fearful glances at the large dog
- For Dolly was a clone, and her doubling had a fearful symmetry of a different kind: If sheep could be cloned, could humans be far behind? Dolly is a carbon copy of her mother, grown .
- In fact, she says, white pupils, fearful of abuse from their black schoolmates, are reluctant to leave their classrooms.
- Many people in Taiwan are also fearful that gargantuan China will end up absorbing their tiny island if ties become too close.
News & Articles
- Congress Has A Duty To Delay IRS Funding To Block ObamaCare's Implementation
Americans already are fearful and confused about the sweeping changes that ObamaCare will inflict, and the widening IRS scandal deepens concerns about the agency’s major role in implementing and enforcing the health overhaul law.
June 16, 2013 - Forbes
- Towns concerned with rising water level at Long Pond
With several docks under water after the recent rains, residents living along the shores of Long Pond are fearful of the rising waters and a repeat of the extensive flooding that occurred in 2010.
June 14, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Residents in path of Colorado fire remain hopeful
Thousands of people fearful for their homes, a group of camping Boy Scouts, a cluster of baby deer and valuable livestock have all been plucked from the path of Colorado's most destructive wildfire.
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- William Shatner in Wired News
Talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself and being fearful that somebody'll find out this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought,Shatner says. "Like, who cares? Be gay, don't be gay --...
- Warren Buffett in BloggingStocks (blog)
Also remember what Warren Buffett said, "Be fearful when others are greedy; be greedy when others are fearful."
- Alan Greenspan in USA Today
Given the financial damage to date, I cannot see how we can avoid a significant rise in layoffs and unemployment,Greenspan said. "Fearful American households are attempting to adjust, as best they can, to a rapid contraction in credit...