horrified : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised
I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview
The news of the executions horrified us
- s stricken with horror
- Her fierce choreography sometimes amazed and sometimes horrified, but in it she embodied modern dance arrogantly and spectacularly.
- Many party elders are horrified that such a man should step into shoes once occupied by Nelson Mandela, but they can't deny that he has achieved an African rarity: the peaceful .
- They were horrified by violence and sincerely wanted the war to end.
News & Articles
- Van drives into SF Bay, divers look for driver
Authorities say a woman drove a minivan into San Francisco Bay and sank to the bottom in front of horrified witnesses. She was found dead inside hours later. Police and witnesses say the gold van jumped a curb and ran straight into the bay near San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor late Friday afternoon. Sailors from a civilian boat first tried to help the woman but were unable. It proved difficult ...
June 22, 2013 - KTVU
- Teen Says School Used Her Facebook Bikini Photo As A Warning To Other Students, Sues For $2 Million
Chelsea Chaney, who's now a college freshman, says she was horrified when the school's technology director used one of her Facebook photos in a slide with the warning: "Once it's there, it's there to stay."
June 21, 2013 - Business Insider
- $1,000 reward offered for information related to recent goat mutilation
A Longview couple was so horrified by last weekend’s mysterious mutilation and killing of a friendly pet goat on Beacon Hill that their company is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the culprit’s arrest and conviction.
June 20, 2013 - The Daily News
- Chris Gregoire in Belfast Telegraph
I was deeply shocked and horrified to hear of the heinous assassination of Benazir Bhutto. The manner of her going is a reminder of the common dangers that our region faces from cowardly acts of terrorism and of the need to eradicate this dangerous... Manmohan Singh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manmohan_Singh&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6ZyRkwy1bOgMraS9dZn9q9TYvkg The Australian http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22979984-20142,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG6DUJnD2Hzdu9YpmJ1BoqH-0Bm-g Dec 27, 2007
48172 65254 horrified Washington Governor Chris Gregoire said she was shocked and horrified" by the killings. "Our police put their lives on the line every day and tragedies like this remind us of the risks they continually take to keep our communities safe. My...
- David Miliband in Bloomberg
A UK citizen has suffered a horrified and lingering death,Foreign Secretary David Miliband told Parliament in London today. "Given the seriousness of crime, Russia's reply to the extradition request is extremely disappointing."