- v stop moving or become immobilized
- v change to ice
- v be cold
- v cause to freeze
- v stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
- v be very cold, below the freezing point
- v change from a liquid to a solid when cold
- v prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- v anesthetize by cold
- v suddenly behave coldly and formally
- a turned into ice; affected by freezing or by long and severe cold
the frozen North
children skating on a frozen brook
- s absolutely still
frozen with horror
- s devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
a frozen look on their faces
- s not thawed
- s (used of foods) preserved by freezing sufficiently rapidly to retain flavor and nutritional value
- s not convertible to cash
- s incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"
- Frozen red blood cells and sperm will also keep for months or years.
- FORTUNE in its December issue, pictures an almost fabulously frozen postwar future for the average citizen.
- Microscopic photo seen an injection of a somatic cell into a nuclear removed-human egg cell during an experiment Somewhere between 400,000 and 500,000 such embryos lie in frozen .
News & Articles
- Frozen Ropes and Buddy Ball experience win-win baseball game
Jarrett Moseley takes the hand of Chloe Genaux and leads her to the batter’s box. The Wayne County Parks and Recreation Department’s Buddy Ball program and Frozen Ropes, a youth traveling baseball team from Jesup, competed in a friendly game of baseball recently.
June 21, 2013 - Jesup Press-Sentinel
- Frozen berry mix used in Steamboat restaurant linked to hepatitis A outbreak
A recalled frozen berry mix sold at Costco was used in smoothies sold in Steamboat Springs from May 24 to June 8, according to a news release from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
June 20, 2013 - The Steamboat Pilot & Today
- Peachwave Frozen Yogurt To Open In Westport Friday
WESTPORT, Conn. – Peachwave Frozen Yogurt, a self-serve frozen yogurt chain, will open for business in Westport on Friday. “Forget about the frozen yogurt places you are used to,” owner Gregg Roberts said in a statement. “We are bringing you over 60 fresh and ...
June 20, 2013 - The Daily Westport
- Henry Paulson in Washington Post
I am convinced that this bold approach will cost American families far less than the alternative _ a continuing series of financial institution failures and frozen credit markets unable to fund economic expansion,Paulson said in a prepared...