- a relating to or derived from a glacier
- s devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
a glacial handshake
- s extremely cold
- The environmental group Greenpeace placed ice sculptures of 100 children made of the glacial meltwater that feeds China's great rivers inside the temple to symbolize the .
- If there was any consolation, it was that the glacial pace of nature would give us decades or even centuries to sort out the problem.
- Given the usually glacial pace of the Portuguese justice system, the decision may not be quick.
News & Articles
- 10 climbers killed in Himalayas attack
Gilgit-Baltistan, a region of snow-peaked mountains and glacial valleys at the juncture of the Himalaya and Karakoram mountain ranges, where nine tourists and their guide were killed is listed as one of 50 places worldwide “to see before you die.”
June 24, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Deal of the Day – 4.7? HTC One smartphone [AT&T] with free activation
LogicBUY’s Deal for Monday is the 32GB HTC One smartphone for AT&T for $99.99. Features: 1.7GHz quad-core processor 2GB RAM, 32GB memory 4.7? 1080p display Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Ultra Pixel low-light efficient camera with Zoe Built-in IR blaster HTC Sense 5.0 Aluminum body in Glacial Silver or Stealth Black $199.99 – 50% savings = $99.99 [...]
June 24, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- Explore Switzerland's Lauterbrunnen Valley, Gateway To "Top Of Europe"
Some things never change in the Bernese Oberland of central Switzerland, where the combination of stunning mountain scenery, glacial lakes, and easy accessibility is unparalleled. On a clear day (there are a surprising number of those) you can still look up from this town’s central park to the year-round snow-whiteness of the Jungfrau, a 13,642-foot peak framed by two steep green hills. Its ...
June 23, 2013 - Santa Monica Mirror
- Brian Burke in CTV.ca
Steve Yzerman is a very smart man and he's trying to take some of that pressure off Canada, which I might mention in passing is glacial and unremitting and unrelenting,said Burke getting a laugh out of the gathered media group at the Olympic...
- Kevin Rudd in NEWS.com.au
Let's just be blunt about it. But where it was before, which was in a pre-glacial position, we are now moving rapidly down the glacier,Mr Rudd said. "Except, unlike moving most glaciers, we have five weeks to arrive at the end point."
- August Busch IV in International Herald Tribune
Our business landscape is changing, and we are looking for opportunities outside the alcohol beverage category to fuel additional growth for our company and our wholesalers,Busch said in a statement. "We believe Icelandic Glacial natural...