- v take root and begin to grow
- v come into existence, originate
- v plant by the roots
- v dig with the snout
- v become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- v cause to take roots
- s absolutely still
they stood rooted in astonishment
- It's rooted in an understanding of how the world sees America that he gained from living, traveling, and having family beyond our shores.
- This musical genre rooted in pop updates of traditional Serbian songs quickly morphed into a shrill dance music.
- How deeply rooted is that image still in Western culture and in the Western psyche? I would say it was deeply rooted for quite a long time when the West was more or less .
- Jeff Sessions in Bloomberg
I don't believe that Judge Sotomayor has the deep-rooted convictions necessary to resist the siren call of judicial activism,Sessions wrote in an opinion piece in USA Today prior to yesterday's committee meeting.
- Martin Luther King in Yahoo! News
Joe Biden is that rare mix. For decades he's brought change to Washington. But Washington hasn't changed him. He's an expert on foreign policy whose heart and values are firmly rooted in the middle class. He stared down dictators and spoken out for... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Capital News 9 http://www.google.com/url?q=http://capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/122607/biden--obama-begin-campaigning/Default.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGyGq5IDYQjNtYUps4njcGacVZOMw Aug 24, 2008
84655 112679 rooted And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream," King said. "It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of...