settle down :
- v settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground
- v become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- v become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation
News & Articles
- Minnesota Nazi: How did Nazi hunters miss Michael Karkoc?
Before he successfully immigrated to the US in 1949 to settle down as a union carpenter in Minneapolis, Ukrainian-born Michael Karkoc allegedly commanded a brutal Nazi commando unit that burned Polish villages and massacred civilians at the height of Germany’s World War II offensive.
June 15, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Natural Gas Futures Settle Down 2.1% on Moderate Temperatures
Natural Gas Futures Settle Down 2.1% on Moderate Temperatures
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Markets settle down after recent volatility
Markets settle down after recent volatility Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 6:27 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 The markets now expect some reduction in the Federal Reserve's monthly asset purchases sometime this year — the stimulus has been one of the main reasons why many ...
June 13, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise