- v hang freely
The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them
- v cause to be held in suspension in a fluid
suspend the particles
- v bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
- v stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
- v make inoperative or stop
suspend payments on the loan
- v render temporarily ineffective
the prison sentence was suspended
- Two-thirds through the vote, Hillary Clinton moves for the party to suspend the procedural rules and nominate Obama by acclamation.
- PTI: Would Iran voluntarily suspend its nuclear activities once again to end the crisis? Larijani: We are flexible, but if we stop the research, what will that solve?.
- While the demand that Iran suspend enrichment until it has answered the IAEA's questions enjoys broad support, the demand that Iran be denied the right to enrichment because it is .
- Ben Roethlisberger in New York Times
The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me,Roethlisberger said in a statement. "I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen...
- Gilbert Arenas in CNN
In a statement on Wednesday, Arenas said: "I feel very badly that my actions have caused the NBA to suspend me, but I understand why the league took this action. I put the NBA in a negative light and let down my teammates and our fans. I am very...
- President Bush in Reuters India
Our message to the leaders of Iran is also clear: verifiably suspend your nuclear enrichment, so negotiations can begin,Bush said in excerpts of his State of the Union address to Congress.