- n problem solving that involves numbers or quantities
- v judge to be probable
- v be or play a part of or in
- v imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- v make a mathematical calculation or computation
- v understand
- Through research, he found a machine called the Connection Machine at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, which had sat unused after scientists had given up on figuring out how to .
- Drugmakers soon came his way, figuring they could save millions of dollars in product development.
- But the Duke researchers took the opposite tack: figuring out precisely how to switch the virus from latency to its active stage.
- Stephen Hadley in Reuters.uk
He impressed me as a leader who wanted to be strong but was having difficulty figuring out how to do so,Hadley said in a text of the memo published by the Times.
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
You have a less-governed region, a history of fierce independence among tribes,Mr. Obama said. "Those tribes are multiple and sometimes operate at cross purposes, so figuring all that out is going to be much more of a challenge."
- Michael Bay in FOXNews
His two fingers are pretty smashed, but we're figuring out a way to shoot around it, kind of write it into the story,Bay told the syndicated entertainment program.