engaging : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in
- v consume all of one's attention or time
- v engage or hire for work
- v ask to represent; of legal counsel
- v give to in marriage
- v get caught
- v carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns)
- v hire for work or assistance
- v engage for service under a term of contract
- v keep engaged
- s attracting or delighting
an engaging frankness
- Abigail: Granted, not all of the students we interviewed are engaging in these extreme sex acts.
- Even if learning Chinese was not on your to-do list, this language lesson offers engaging repartee between the hosts a native and non-native speaker who discuss the nuances .
- French women are engaging in sex from a younger age and more frequently than before, while 20% of French men aged 18-24 years say they have no interest in sexual or romantic .
News & Articles
- Rigell urges Obama to consult Congress on Syria
U.S. Rep. Scott Rigell, who argued two years ago that President Barack Obama overstepped his authority by engaging U.S. forces in Libya without congressional approval, pushed the same point Friday as Obama considered how to respond to Syria's use of chemical weapons against its own people.
June 15, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Now UCLA is offering football scholarships to 8th graders, and they picked a Texas QB
In the latest case of USC and UCLA engaging in a catty war of “anything you can do, I can do bigger,” the Bruins responded to word that USC handed a scholarship offer to eighth grade wide receiver by offering a scholarship to an eighth grade quarterback from another state. Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Prep Rally via Yahoo! Sports
- Engaging Activities for One-Year-Olds Have Been Released on Kids Activities Blog
Engaging activities for one-year-olds have been released on Kids Activities Blog. These activities will keep the tots busy and Moms happy. (PRWeb June 08, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10772364.htm
June 8, 2013 - PRWeb
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in The Associated Press
Some of the countries engaging in these behaviors still claim to be democracies,Clinton said, adding, "Democracies don't fear their own people. They recognize that citizens must be free to come together, to advocate and agitate."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
She is an American citizen and I have complete confidence that she was not engaging in any sort of espionage,Obama said. "She is an Iranian American who was interested in the country which her family came from. And it is appropriate for...