- v release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles
I want to disengage myself from his influence
disengage the gears
- v free or remove obstruction from
- v become free
in neutral, the gears disengage
- You can try to ignore the biological need to periodically disengage, but there's growing evidence that it will eventually catch up with you.
- He was sacked as Minister of Transportation by Ariel Sharon in 2004 after refusing to support Sharon's plan to disengage from Gaza.
- So far, the program has helped disengage two dozen Jemaah Islamiah members, according to the independent International Crisis Group.
News & Articles
- These Four Books Should Top Every Marketer's Summer Reading List
Everyone needs to unplug from the office now and then; you?ll get stale ?or worse, burn out ?if you don?t. But this summer, you don?t have to completely disengage from all things marketing just because you?re relaxing at the beach. Why? Because there are a handful of new business books that happen to be just as entertaining and enjoyable to read as they are informative.
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Mohammad Asif in Sportinglife.co.za
Currently I'm undergoing tremendous amount of pressure at all ends and need to regain my focus,Asif said after ending his IPL deal. "My only purpose and wish is to play for my nation Pakistan again, and for that I need to disengage from...
- Ehud Olmert in USA Today
We will disengage from most of the Palestinian population that lives in Judea and Samaria,Olmert told Israel's Channel 2 TV, using the biblical names for the West Bank. "That will obligate us to leave territories under Israeli control...
- Sean McCormack in Tehran Times
We urge both governments to disengage militarily from the most critical locations along the border and to cooperate with the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea," said McCormack.