enlist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v join the military
- v hire for work or assistance
- v engage somebody to enter the army
- Later he met with 15 Senators, from both parties, who sought his advice and heard his plan to enlist Saddleback's global network of more than 40,000 churches in tackling such .
- Some of these stretching moves can be done alone and others with a partner whom you'd enlist to, say, pull your fist away from you as you work to pull it in during a bicep curl.
- In 1942, as he was trying to find a way to enlist, the war literally dropped in on him.
News & Articles
- Md. woman gets 18 months in murder-for-hire plot
ANNAPOLIS — The mistress of an Annapolis man who tried to enlist a hit man to kill his wife has been sentenced to 18 months in jail for her part in the plot. The Capital of Annapolis reports Cynthia Mills entered an Alford plea to conspiracy to commit murder, maintaining her innocence while acknowledging prosecutors [...]
June 21, 2013 - The Daily Record
- IRS Continues Its Scrutiny Of Leveraged Partnerships: 2009 Sale Of Chicago Cubs Finds Itself In Service's Crosshairs
People often resent the rich for their gated communities and refined musks and monkey butlers. Oh, and also because of the perception that the rich are able to enlist high-priced consultants to help them game the tax system by taking advantage of opportunities not readily available to Joe Six-Pack.
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Enlist E3™ Soybeans Approved in Canada
Farmers in Canada will have access to the latest innovation in soybean technology as Dow AgroSciences LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company , and MS Technologies LLC have received approval for Enlist E3™ soybeans.
June 19, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ronald Noble in Register
We must once again enlist the public's support, this time to pinpoint Vico's current location,Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble said in a statement.
- Eric Foner in Sydney Morning Herald
Foner says: "A lot of people said, 'Hey man, get in line. You're critical of the government. You're critical of the war on terror. You're not a patriot. They were saying we've got to rally everyone to enlist and historians have got to do their job,...
- Condoleezza Rice in International Herald Tribune
I'm going to enlist the support of anybody I can to try and move forward a Palestinian state living at peace side by side with Israel,Rice said. "That is the goal here."