- v direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.
- v perform as expected when applied
- v handle and cause to function
do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol
- v perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
- v happen
- v keep engaged
- v perform surgery on
The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life
- Selecting the vice presidential nominee is the most important decision a presidential candidate can make and one even Barack Obama has said will 'signal how I want to operate my .
- Justices agreed that newspapers which don't require licenses or airwaves to operate face theoretically unlimited competition, making the protection of the Fairness Doctrine .
- And TellMe lets you operate your phone with your voice, promising an end run around those confusing option menus.
News & Articles
- Washington Gas Energy Systems Awarded Contract to Build, Own and Operate Solar Projects in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Washington Gas Energy Systems, Inc., today announced it signed a contract with Rio Rancho Public Schools, AMSOLAR and Conergy to build, own and operate two 1,215-kilowatt solar arrays at Cleveland and Rio Rancho High Schools.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Omni Hotels & Resorts to Acquire and Operate Five Iconic Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts today announced it has reached a definitive agreement to purchase and operate five distinguished resort properties from entities affiliated with KSL Capital Partners, LLC.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Most nonprofits operate without a risk manager: Survey
Most nonprofit organizations operate without a dedicated risk manager, according to a survey by insurance brokerage Crystal & Co.The study, “Nonprofit Risk Survey,” includes responses from 116 U.S. nonprofits, such as human services; foundations; and community service, educational and
June 11, 2013 - Business Insurance
- Barack Obama in WAOW
Obama says, "If this region slides backwards, if the Taliban retakes this country and al Qaeda can operate with impunity, then more American lives will be at stake."
- Mike Hayden in 940 News
I welcome this inquiry and the CIA will co-operate fully,CIA Director Mike Hayden said in a statement. "I welcome it as an opportunity to address questions that have arisen over the destruction back in 2005 of videotapes."
- Tom Daschle in guardian.co.uk
This work will require a leader who can operate with the full faith of Congress and the American people, and without distraction,Daschle said in a statement. "Right now, I am not that leader, and will not be a distraction."