- n a document incorporating an institution and specifying its rights; includes the articles of incorporation and the certificate of incorporation
- n a contract to hire or lease transportation
- v hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- v grant a charter to
- v engage for service under a term of contract
- The charter-school movement has proven adept at starting new schools.
- The charter advocates never knew about the special meeting and didn't get to make their case until the official hearings .
- A state where charter schools have been growing fast and running into troubles is now debating a new approach.
News & Articles
- Charter School Deadline Friday
The deadline is approaching for charter school operators to submit applications to run independent public schools authorized by the state. Prospective operators must hand deliver or mail their requests Georgia's Charter School Commission by the end of Friday. The deadline marks the latest...
June 14, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Charter Academy makes offer on principal job
The Georgia Charter Education Foundation Governing Board met by conference call Wednesday to discuss and vote on a candidate for Cherokee Charter Academy’s new principal. Board member Christine Ries said after the Charter Schools USA process of searching, they recommended the board consider a candidate now employed by another school, whose name is being withheld until the offer is accepted.
June 14, 2013 - Cherokee Tribune
- Charter Trust Company Hosts Photography Exhibit
Charter Trust Company is currently hosting an exhibit by photographer Laurence Harper. Mr. Harper's work can be viewed weekdays from 8:30-5 at the companies headquarters at 90 North Main St. in Concord, NH (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10828094.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Julian Fantino in National Post
I call on all political and social actors in Honduras to respect democratic norms, the rule of law and the tenets of the Inter-American Democratic Charter. Any existing tensions and disputes must be resolved peacefully through dialogue free from... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/28/obama-calls-order-military-arrests-honduran-president&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3A0CbvQufex13KZthnhD_G_R8-Q Jun 28, 2009
16816 23434 charter Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms includes the right to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly," said Commissioner Fantino. "But we must not stand idly by when these rights are used as a shield to promote hatred against in a...
- President Bush in 940 News
They accept no God before themselves. And they reserve a special hatred for the most ardent defenders of liberty, including Americans and Israelis,Bush said. "That is why the founding charter of Hamas calls for the 'elimination' of Israel....