- n manner of acting or controlling yourself
- v engage in
- v carry out or perform an action
- v get (something) done
- v proceed or get along
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
- v carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
- v be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity
- v create or design, often in a certain way
- v behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- v spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- v carry on or function
- v arrange attractively
- v travel or traverse (a distance)
- It was a sensational yarn, complete with arrogant Russians, secret papers, and hints of dark doings in high places.
- The program dwells on the doings of one Captain Craig McKenzie.
- That's a shame, because the pleasure of Hollywood picture-going in the year 2000 was, in large part, the doings of the Yuens.
News & Articles
- Fair Drive to close on and off
City's 60th anniversary doings will affect travel in that area. The half-mile stretch of Fair Drive in front of Costa Mesa City Hall will be closed at different times this week during the city's 60th anniversary celebration.
June 26, 2013 - Daily Pilot
- Door to door screenings unfounded
Monday afternoon, the Lindsborg Community Hospital posted an announcement on its Facebook page of an individual going door to door claiming to be doings screenings for kids ages 0-18 for the hospital.
June 26, 2013 - The McPherson Sentinel
- Park Slope Food Co-op Moves to Ban Plastic Bags For Realz
Reusable bags at the Park Slope Food Co-op. (Getty) Different departments within the Park Slope Food Co-op have found themselves at odds on one immortal issue—plastic bags. For those of us who keep the Food Co-op’s doings on a watchful Google Alert (and really, who doesn’t?), we thought we had found peace back in 2007, when both financial and environmental divisions agreed to ban the bag. It ...
June 24, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati in FOXNews
We are happy that the US economy is in anarchy and the anarchy is reaching Europe,Jannati said. "They are seeing the result of their own ugly doings and God is punishing them."
- Albert Einstein in The Punch
In 1929, Einstein told Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein, "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."
- Pranab Mukherjee in Hindu Business Line
The adverse fallout of the (wrong-doings) in a single company cannot be allowed to cast its shadow on the entire Indian IT industry worth $60 billion,Mr Mukherjee said.