- v be successful; achieve a goal
I managed to carry the box upstairs
- v be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old
- v come to terms with
- v watch and direct
- v achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
- v carry on or function
- v handle effectively
The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well
- Figure out how to manage that chemical violence, he knew, and you could do some ripping-good flying.
- Costumes that manage to be both lush and witty the exaggerated, bunched-crinoline hoop skirts on the court ladies, for example, made me laugh out loud.
- But unlike other foreign execs, he must manage not a company but a national team at a time of national crisis.
News & Articles
- Stout Street Hospitality to Manage Holiday Inn Park Cities in Suburban Dallas
DENVER, Colo. -- via PRWEB - Leigh Hitz, president and chief executive officer for Stout Street Hospitality, today announced the company has been selected to manage the Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park ...
June 18, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- CWLP customers can now manage bills online
City Water, Light and Power on Tuesday unveiled an updated website that allows customers to manage their account online for the first time.
June 18, 2013 - The State Journal-Register
- Adaptive Computing to Manage Computing Workloads for High-Performance Computing in Baden-Württemberg
Adaptive Computing, the largest provider of policy-based optimization software for High-Performance Computing and private cloud environments, today announced at ISC 2013 in Leipzig, Germany, it will manage computing workloads in the Baden-Württemberg High Performance Computing Competence Centers , funded to a large part by the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts in Baden-Württemberg.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ban Ki-moon in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Unless we properly manage this issue, this could trigger a cascade of other challenges and crises affecting not just social and economic issues, but also political and security issues,Ban said following talks in London with British Prime...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Action 3 News
Clinton said "only 1 of us is ready on day one to be commander-in-chief, ready to manage our economy, and ready to defeat the Republicans."
- Kevin Keegan in International Herald Tribune
I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible,Keegan said. "It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any...