- v bar from attention or consideration
She dismissed his advances
- v cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration
This case is dismissed!
- v stop associating with
- v terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- v end one's encounter with somebody by causing or permitting the person to leave
I was dismissed after I gave my report
- v declare void
- s having lost your job
- For President Hamid Karzai there can be no room for error, and so this weekend he dismissed his Afghan bodyguards and replaced them with 46 American soldiers.
- Rhee dismissed the principal before the school year was out, a move that sparked outrage across the city and in her own home.
- They dismissed her unfinished seams and asymmetrical cuts as absurd.