- v command with authority
- v intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- v guide the actors in (plays and films)
- v be in charge of
- v take somebody somewhere
- v cause to go somewhere
- v point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- v lead, as in the performance of a composition; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- v give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction
- v specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- v direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- v put an address on (an envelope)
- v plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- s showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on
felt his mother's directing arm around him
- He should be directing the finale.
- Now, with Obama directing his EPA to reconsider the waiver and new EPA head Lisa Jackson has said that she would "very, very aggressively" review the request the door is .
- Reuther became one of the union's generals, directing a series of sit-down strikes and other guerrilla tactics to try to organize auto plants.
News & Articles
- A.C.Flora’s Jake Lewis - Midlands Athlete of the Year
After directing A.C. Flora’s football team to two of its best seasons in program history and helping the Falcons’ baseball team to consecutive Class 3A baseball titles, A.C. Flora senior Jake Lewis has been selected the Midlands Athlete of the Year.
June 22, 2013 - The State
- Kerry seeks to coordinate aid to Syrian rebels
By Lesley Wroughton and Yara Bayoumy DOHA (Reuters) - Washington wants Western and Arab allies to commit to directing all aid to Syrian rebels through the Western-backed Supreme Military Council, a senior U.S. official said before talks in Qatar on Saturday, to try to reduce the power of jihadi groups. Speaking before U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Doha for the meeting with ...
June 22, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ex-San Antonio teacher found guilty of directing students to strike schoolmate for being bully
SAN ANTONIO — A former San Antonio teacher accused of directing students to hit a schoolmate for being a bully has been convicted of official oppression.
June 21, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- John McCain in Hartford Courant
I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me. We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats or Republicans, and we must meet until this crisis is resolved,McCain said. "I am directing my...
- Barack Obama in TheNewsTribune.com
In doing this work, they have my full support to follow the facts wherever they may lead -- without fear or favor,Obama said June 1. "And I'm directing them to report back in six months with options for how we can prevent and mitigate the...
- Leonard Maltin in International Herald Tribune
This writing-directing team may hold a record for producing consistently superior cartoons using the same characters year after year - without a break or change in routine,Maltin wrote.