- n (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- n the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- n the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience
he listened to an address on minor Roman poets
- n the manner of speaking to another individual
he failed in his manner of address to the captain
- n a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
- n written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
- n the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- n social skill
- v speak to
He addressed the crowd outside the window
- v give a speech to
The chairman addressed the board of trustees
- v put an address on (an envelope)
- v direct a question at someone
- v address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- v greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
He always addresses me with `Sir'
- v access or locate by address
- v act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- v speak to someone
- v adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
- How do I renew or cancel my magazine subscription, change my address, report damaged or missing issues, or make other changes to my PTI magazine account?.
- The PTI Magazine customer service web site where you can renew, change your address and perform other account services, is available here: https:secure.
- It would be judging Barack Obama by a pretty low standard to give him credit just for showing up to give the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.
News & Articles
- Address the source to promote unity, respect and rapport
ADDRESS THE SOURCE TO PROMOTE UNITY, RESPECT AND RAPPORT In the May 25 letter to the editor, it was apparent that the letter writer could have used a more personable and Biblical approach to promote unity and respect.
June 22, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Time for Congress to Pass Commonsense Immigration Reform
WASHINGTON, DC—In this week’s address, President Obama discussed the bipartisan legislation being debated in the United States Senate that would take important steps towards fixing our broken immigration system, while growing our economy and reducing the deficit. The President urges Congress to pass immigration reform so that we can live up to our traditions as a nation of laws, and also a ...
June 22, 2013 - The White House
- Obama to address Organizing for Action summit
The president will address a summit next month hosted by Organizing for Action, an advocacy group formed as as spinoff from his 2012 campaign organization.
June 21, 2013 - Washington Post
- Robert Gates in Reuters India
In my view, all options are on the table in terms of how we address this problem in Iraq,Gates said.
- Lula da Silva in Boston Globe
It is time to address this imbalance,Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva told IOC members in Copenhagen yesterday, before they chose Rio to host the 2016 Olympics in a 66-32 landslide over Madrid. "It is time to light the Olympic...
- Joe Biden in Washington Post (blog)
Q: In a statement Monday, Vice President Biden said the US is consulting with other nations "on new ways to address the humanitarian, economic, security, and political aspects of the situation in Gaza."