- n something considered choice to eat
- n an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
- v interact in a certain way
- v subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
treat the water so it can be drunk
treat the lawn with chemicals
treat an oil spill
- v provide treatment for
The doctor treated my broken leg
The patient must be treated right away or she will die
- v act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
The new book treats the history of China
- v provide with a gift or entertainment
Grandmother always treated us to the circus
I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed
- v provide with choice or abundant food or drink
Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating
She treated her houseguests with good food every night
- v engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement
they had to treat with the King
- v regard or consider in a specific way
I treated his advances as a joke
- Researchers in Israel are discovering how traditional Tibetan medicines can help treat modern ailments.
- To treat heavy menstrual bleeding, patients can use an interuterine device (IUD) coated with the hormone levonorgestrel, a type of progesterone.
- A chiropractor by training, Goodheart has spent the past 40 years manipulating muscles not just to alleviate aches and pains but also to diagnose and treat diseases.
News & Articles
- Decadent treat has foodies drooling
Decadent treat has foodies drooling Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 3:50 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 There's a frenzy goin' on — Manhattan style — for the croissant-doughnut hybrid that went on sale in limited quantities about three weeks ago at the tiny downtown New York ...
June 13, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Universal Stainless Achieves Nadcap Heat Treat Accreditation for Dunkirk Specialty Steel Facility
BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. -- Universal Stainless & Alloy Products, Inc. announced today that it has achieved Nadcap Heat Treat accreditation at its Dunkirk Specialty Steel facility.
June 12, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Food: Milk chocolate, maple and bacon combine for a decadent Father’s Day treat
These cookies aren’t exactly a healthy treat for Dad, what with 1/2 cup of maple sugar and 1/2 cup of bacon fat, not to mention the bacon itself. Why not embrace these treats for what they are and let Father’s Day be a day of indulgence for your dad?
June 12, 2013 - The Baldwin City Signal
- Bob Etheridge in New York Times (blog)
I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved,Mr. Etheridge said in a statement. "Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints...
- Vicente del Bosque in The Associated Press
I don't think the coach has to qualify his reasons unless they don't work out,said Del Bosque, who played 18 matches for Spain during a successful playing career. "The best thing is to act with justice, to treat everyone equally. These are...
- Barack Obama in Weasel Zippers (blog)
Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and respect,Obama said.