goody : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something considered choice to eat
- Parents also complain about providing goody bags, which can add another $3 to $25 dollars per kid to the cost of the party.
- In every presidential election from 1968 through 1988, the Democrats nominated a goody-goody (Hubert Humphrey, George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, Michael Dukakis).
- Screen Cred: As honor student Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series, the British actress believably delivers goody-goody lines like, "I'm going to bed before either of you .
News & Articles
- Around Your Town for June 13
Beatrice Richardson • Herald/Review • Prestige Assisted Living Activities Director Melissa Davis finishes a goody box for soldiers in Afghanistan by adding a collection of letters from veterans’ residents at the Sierra Vista office on Monday. The letters include small stories about their veterans’ lives in the armed forces. The packages include books, toys, snacks and toiletries, which were ...
June 14, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- HBT Daily: Beanball wars are absolutely stupid
I’ve been on this high horse many a time. And I don’t care how many folks tell me I’m being all uptight and goody-goody about it. I’ll still always be right and you’ll still always be victims of a culture of machismo which has mistaken violence for valor. Hmm. Don’t think I’m helping my cause…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Simon Hughes in guardian.co.uk
Simon Hughes, MP for North Southwark and Bermondsey in south London where Goody grew up, said: "Jade Goody was a Bermondsey girl who went from public ridicule and public rebukes to public respect and public sympathy."