- n a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
it was a process of trial and error
- n (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents
the process of thinking
- n a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
- n a mental process that you are not directly aware of
the process of denial
- n a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant
a bony process
- n a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states
events now in process
the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls
- v subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
- v deal with in a routine way
process a loan
process the applicants
- v perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information
The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech
- v institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against
He was warned that the district attorney would process him
- v march in a procession
They processed into the dining room
- v shape, form, or improve a material
- v deliver a warrant or summons to someone
He was processed by the sheriff
- Undiplomatic Dispatch: Even if the cease-fire holds and that looks increasingly doubtful it's hard to see how the Oslo Peace process will survive.
- Reading and resources about the process in which a president-elect puts together an administration.
- I am beginning to see what he means by process.
News & Articles
- Process to consider Utah State Prison relocation begins
SALT LAKE CITY -- A committee studying the relocation of the Utah State Prison has kicked off a months-long process to consider moving the facility out of a bustling tech corridor south of Sal…
June 13, 2013 - Provo Daily Herald
- Process Engineering Manager
The Process Engineering Manager (PEM) is responsible for providing technical support and assurance to the operating unit production teams as well as capital project development and execution.
June 12, 2013 - Rigzone
- Standard Process presents $10,000 nutritional education scholarship
Whole food supplement manufacturer Standard Process has announced the award of its 2013 Dr. Michael Dobbins Excellence in Nutritional Education Scholarship worth $10,000 to James Evans, a Life Chiropractic College West student.
June 12, 2013 - Nutraingredients.com
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
I take my share of the blame for not explaining it more clearly to the American people,Obama said. "I know that with all the lobbying and horse-trading, the process left most Americans wondering, 'What's in it for me?' "
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
Later, at her victory celebration, Hillary Clinton told her cheering backers: "Over the last week I listened to you; in the process, I found my own voice. ...... Now, together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has given...
- Mark Souder in Reuters
I'm resigning rather than put my family through a painful drawn out process,Souder said at a hastily called news conference in his home district in Fort Wayne, Indiana.