accost : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v speak to someone
- v approach with an offer of sexual favors
- He accepts as part of the job the autograph seekers who accost him in hotel lobbies and restaurants.
- The money lender accosted the borrower in the street since the borrower was not returning the money.
- But on the way home that night, ruffians accost Ivanovich, steal his coat and with it his reason for existence.
News & Articles
- Protestors Accost GTac Woman while on Mine Site
Mellen, WI (NNCNOW.com) - One women working for Gogebic Taconite was accosted while out working at the mine site on Tuesday. "Well we set up our drilling equipment, and some of the protesters, there were less violent protesters out there and there were folks who were there to cause trouble,
June 12, 2013 - Northland's News Center
- Go Daddy Nerd Sexually Harasses “Twilight” Star
The nerd who forced us all to give a collective “Ewwww” during this year’s Super Bowl by swapping saliva with Bar Refaeli is in trouble this week after he accosted “Twilight” star Nikki Reed and forced a kiss on her. …
June 7, 2013 - WebProNews
- Russel Honore in USA Today
There are plenty of Indian cricketers the guy could have attacked but he chose to attack me. I don't really buy the fact that he was talking about the lack of Orissa players in the Indian team. If that was the case why didn't he accost the chairman... Greg Chappell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Chappell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHlnFfA41gd_8aKp8fZn9yzieniUQ Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200711141340.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNExND8U2T84hyuo5neIqetiaZaVWw Nov 13, 2007
728 1089 accost Go on the streets of New Orleans - it's secure," said Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore. "Have you been to New Orleans? Did anybody accost you?"
- Louise Slaughter in Ethiopian Review
I've been here a long time,said House Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter, DN.Y.,a 23-year House veteran, "I've never heard anyone accost a president like that."