- n a reference point to shoot at
- n a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
the target of a manhunt
- n the location of the target that is to be hit
- n sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- n the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
- v intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- The Federal Reserve announced Wednesday afternoon that it was lowering its target short-term interest rate to 1%.
News & Articles
- Target raises dividend 19%
Target Corp. raised its quarterly dividend by 19 percent on Wednesday, as it gathered in Denver for its annual shareholders meeting.
June 13, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Target Hikes Dividend - Analyst Blog
Target Corporation ( TGT ), the operator of general merchandise and food discount stores, revealed its plan to utilize its free cash to boost stakeholders' return by announcing a dividend
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Target increases dividend by 19.4 percent
Target Corp. is increasing its quarterly dividend by 19.4 percent. The Minneapolis-based retailer on Wednesday declared a quarterly dividend of 43 cents per share, up from 36 cents per share. The dividend ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News