- v injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of
- v hurt the feelings of
- v break up into small pieces for food preparation
- v damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure
- s causing mental or emotional injury
a bruising experience
protected from the bruising facts of battle"- John Mason Brown
- s brutally forceful and compelling
protected from the bruising facts of battle
- She untied the rubber dinghy from the stern and then, according to Noguchi, fell from the Splendour into the 63 F water, bruising her left cheek as she tumbled overboard.
- Yet a bruising fight for Senate ratification lies ahead In the sun-swept presidential suite of Panama City's Holiday Inn, overlooking a bay speckled with shrimp boats, the.
- The battle to succeed him will be bruising, as members attempt to allocate blame for the Foley mess.
- Ian McGeechan in WalesOnline
I felt something in my last start. We had something going on, some bruising in this area after my last start that we saw and treated. I saw the doctor, and had a little strain in there that we treated. [I] played a little catch and knew I was going... Jake Peavy http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Peavy&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHbyTe-TduTjlIK_l-Um1vU0MoFVg CBSSports.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20100706_ANA%40CHW/white-sox-lose-peavy-to-injury-in-win-over-angels&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGeRKXa98pIcuGEXIKxbyszkPAAug Jul 7, 2010
13114 17844 bruising There's no problem. It is just bruising with Jamie's shoulder," said McGeechan, who has seen flanker Stephen Ferris (knee) and wing Leigh Halfpenny (thigh) ruled out of the Lions' South African adventure this week. "He took a heavy bang on...
- Carl Pavano in SI.com
Just for precaution,Pavano said. "It's feeling better than it did. I'm not really too alarmed. There's no bruising or anything. It's just stiff."