bad : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency
take the bad with the good
- a having undesirable or negative qualities
a bad report card
his sloppy appearance made a bad impression
a bad little boy
clothes in bad shape
a bad cut
the news was very bad
the reviews were bad
the pay is bad
it was a bad light for reading
the movie was a bad choice
- s very intense
a bad headache
had a big (or bad) shock
a bad earthquake
a bad storm
- s feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
my throat feels bad
she felt bad all over
- s (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition
- a feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
he felt bad about breaking the vase
- s not capable of being collected
a bad (or uncollectible) debt
- s below average in quality or performance
a bad chess player
a bad recital
- s nonstandard
so-called bad grammar
- s not financially safe or secure
a bad investment
- s physically unsound or diseased
has a bad back
a bad heart
- s capable of harming
smoking is bad for you
- s characterized by wickedness or immorality
led a very bad life
- s reproduced fraudulently
like a bad penny...
- s not working properly
a bad telephone connection
- r with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly')
the injury hurt badly
the buildings were badly shaken
it hurts bad
we need water bad
- r very much; strongly
I wanted it badly enough to work hard for it
the cables had sagged badly
they were badly in need of help
he wants a bicycle so bad he can taste it
- Bad Astronomy is the work of Phil Plait, a good astronomer who used to work on the Hubble Space Telescope, a device which started off bad but ended up good.
- The maxim holds true: too much of anything is bad for you.
- The bad guys have more fun.
News & Articles
- Bad Axe City Council is scheduled to vote on a proposed 2013-14 budget
BAD AXE — The Bad Axe City Council is scheduled to vote on a proposed 2013-14 budget at its meeting next week.
June 13, 2013 - Huron Daily Tribune
- 'Breaking Bad': Creator Vince Gilligan spills on the final eight episodes
When "Breaking Bad" left off last summer, tenacious DEA agent Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) was hot on the trail ? and, er, toilet ? of meth maker Walter White (Bryan Cranston). And when the revered drama returns with the second half of season 5 (beginning Aug. 11 on AMC), what should we brace for? Among other things, maybe a bit of self-reflection from the cancer-stricken chemistry teacher who ...
June 13, 2013 - CNN
- 'Breaking Bad' creator on last episodes
When "Breaking Bad" left off last summer, tenacious DEA agent Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) was hot on the trail — and, er, toilet — of meth maker Walter White (Bryan Cranston). And when the revered drama returns with the second half of season 5 (beginning Aug. 11 on AMC), what should we brace for? Among other things, maybe a bit of self-reflection from the cancer-stricken chemistry teacher who ...
June 13, 2013 - CNN
- Jens Stoltenberg in Salon
These are separate individuals that are responsible for criminal acts,Stoltenberg said. "It is always bad to judge a whole group of people from what individuals are doing and that is independently of what group these people belong to."
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
Landis' credibility is like a carton of sour milk: once you take the first sip, you don't have to drink the rest to know it has all gone bad,Armstrong said in a statement.
- Jesse James in The Sun
He said: "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way."